- Timing: Snow developing Wednesday afternoon for most. If we get any snow Wednesday morning or mid-day it should be very light. Heaviest Wednesday night through Thursday Morning. That range will be the worst of the storm. Snow will vary in intensity Thursday and come to an end Thursday night.
- Precip Type: All snow for most of the area. A brief mix and change to sleet or rain will need to be entertained south and coast.
- How Much: Most of the area will pick up a foot to foot and a half of snow.
- Wind: Winds will be strong out of the Northeast. NE to N winds gusting 30 to 40 MPH are possible late Wednesday through Thursday. The combination of heavy snow and strong winds may lead to blizzard or near blizzard conditions for parts of the area.
- Coastal Flooding: Tides are not running nearly as high as the astronomical cycle we just went through. Significant coastal flooding is not expected but splash over and beach erosion is possible around high tides.
- Power Outages: It’s March now and snow (esp during the day) should be more pasty. A heavier wet snow constancy plus strong gusty winds will result in a high probability of power outages.
Winter storm Watch is up. That will be converted to Winter Storm Waring or slight possibly Blizzard Warning tomorrow. Weather looks nice Tuesday. Enjoy!